Holidays and festivals 2019-2020
- First School day after Summer holiday: Thursday, August 15 2019
- Autumn break: Monday, October 14 through Sunday, October 20 2019
- Christmas market day off: Monday, December 2 2019
- Christmas holiday: Monday, December 23, 2019, through Sunday, January 5 2020
- Winter break: Monday, February 10 through Sunday, February 16 2020
- Easter Holiday: Monday, April 6 through Monday, April 13 2020
- Danish public holiday: Friday, May 8 2020
- Ascension Day: May 21 and 22, 2020
- Pentecost/Whitsun: Monday, June 1, 2020
- Constitution Day: Friday, June 5 2020
- Last school day before Summer holiday: Friday, June 26 2020
- Summer holiday: Monday, June 29 through Wednesday, August 13 2020
At WISC festivals play an essential role for the school community. Celebrating festivals brings a sense of rhythm and anticipation, and particularly for young children, this is an important part of their growing up.
Honouring festivals together is also a way of keeping time. Throughout history, festivals have been interwoven with life and the cycles of nature. In Waldorf schools, we too have found our own meaningful way to honour the seasons and their different qualities.
Harvest festival: The school’s initiation party: Saturday, August 31, 2019, at. 10-13. Compulsory school day *
Waldorf 100 in Frederiksberg: Thursday, September 19, 2019
Michaelmas: Kite day together with all the Steiner-Waldorf schools in the Nordic countries. Together we are celebrating the 100th anniversary of the first Waldorf school: Friday, September 27 2019
UN Day: Thursday 24.10.2019
We Open the School: Thursday, November 7, 2019, at 5-6 pm. Compulsory.
Xmas Fair: The School opens its doors every year on the Saturday before Advent for its legendary Xmas Fair. The whole community takes part in the preparations: wood workshops produce beautifully handmade wooden animals, swords and shields; in workshops parents and teachers knit everything from baby clothes to animals and winter scarves; while in the doll workshop beautiful handmade dolls are created. During the Fair, classrooms are being transformed into crystal caves, game rooms, cakewalks and more. This magical event attracts students, faculty, families, alumni, friends and the entire neighbourhood. Saturday, November 30, 2019. Compulsory school day *
Advent spiral: Tuesday, December 3, 2019
Carnival: Friday, February 21, 2020
Celebrating Spring: Friday, April 3, 2020
Whitsun in the Kindergarten classes: Friday, May 29, 2020
Midsummer party: Saturday 20.6.2020. Compulsory school day *
Compulsory school day * means that this day counts in the 200 school days a year. The day is therefore compulsory. Festivities marked in bold are with parents and other interested and is for the entire school. Other festivities are during school time and are only for students and school staff.